In the Old Testament it talks about murder. There laws that command people be killed for absurd reasons such as working on the Sabbath, being gay, cursing your parents, or not being a virgin on your wedding night.
1. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT) Kill people who don’t listen to priests: “Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the Lord your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.”
2. (Leviticus 20:13) Kill Homosexuals: “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.”
3. (Leviticus 20:27) Kill Fortunetellers: “A man or a woman who is a medium or spiritualist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own head.”
4. (Exodus 21:15 NAB) For hitting parents: “Anyone who attacks their father or mother is to be put to death.”
5. (Proverbs 20:20) Death for cursing parents: “If someone curses their father or mother, their lamp will be snuffed out in a pitch darkness.”
6. (Leviticus 20:9) “Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own dead.”
7. (Leviticus 20:10) Death for Adultery: “If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife – with the wife of his neighbor – both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put the death.”
8. (Leviticus 21:9) Death for fornication: “If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire.”
9. (Exodus 22:19) Death to followers of other religions: “Whoever lies with an animal shall be put to death”.
10. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13) Kill Nonbelievers: “And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God to their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.”
11. (Zechariah 13:3) Kill False Prophets: “And if anyone still prophesies, their father and mother, to whom they were born, will say to them; you must die, because you told lies in the Lord’s name. Then their own parents will stab the one who prophesies.”
12. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT) Kill the entire town if one person worships another God: “That scoundrels among you are leading their fellow citizens astray by saying, ‘Let us go worship other God’s – God’s you have not known before. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find that the report is true and such a detestable act has been committed among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the open square and burn it. Burn the entire town as a burnt offering to the Lord your God. The town bust remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the Lord will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you a large nation, just as he swore to your ancestors.”
13. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21) Kill women who are not virgins on their wedding night: “But suppose the man’s accusations are true, and he can show that she was not a virgin. The woman must be taken to the door of her father’s home, and there the man of the town must stone her the death, for she has committed a disgraceful crime in Israel by being promiscuous while living in her parents’ home. In this way, you will purge this evil from among you.”
14. (Deuteronomy 13:17-12) Kill followers of other religions: “They might suggested that you worship the God’s of people who live nearby or who come from the end of the earth. But do not give in or listen. Have not pity, and do not spare or protect them. You must put them to death! Strike the first blow yourself, and then all the people must join in. Stone the guilty ones to death because they have tried to draw you away from the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of slavery. Then all Israel will hear about it and be afraid, and no one will act so wickedly again.”
15. (Deteronomy 17:2-5) “When you begin living in the towns the Lord your God is giving you, a man or woman among you might do evil in the sight of the Lord your God and violated the covenant. For instance, they might serve other God’s or worship the sun, the moon, or any of the stars – the forces of heaven – which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then the man or woman who has committed such an evil act must be taken to the gates of the town and stone to death”.
16. (Leviticus 24:10-16) Death for Blasphemy: “One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father came out of his tent and got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of Israelite woman blasphemed the Name of the Lord with a curse. So the man was brought to Moses for judgement. His mother was Shelomith the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of the Dan. They kept the man in custody until the Lord’s will in the matter should become clear to them. Then the Lord said to Moses, take the Blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard the curse to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire assembly is to stone him. Say to the Israelites: ‘Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible; anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put the death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigners or native – born, when they are to be put to death.
17. (Romans 1:24-32) Infidels and Gays should die: “Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexuality impurity for the degrading bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things than the creator. Because of his, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way men also abandoned natural relations with woman and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. Furthermore, just as they did not think worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice. They as gossips, slanders, God-Haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.”
18. (Leviticius 1:48-51) Kill anyone approaches the tabernacle: “Ford the Lord smoke to Moses, only the tribe of Levi you shall not list, and you shall not take a census of them among the people of Israel. But appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of the testimony, and over all its furnishings, and over all that belongs to it. They are to carry the tabernacle and all its furnishings, and they shall take care of it and shall camp around tabernacle. When the tabernacle is to set out, the Levites shall take it down, and when the tabernacle is to be pitched, the Levites shall set it up. And if any outsider comes here, he shall be put to death.
19. (Exodus 31:12-15) Kill people working on the Sabbath: “The Lord then gave these further instructions to Moses: Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the Lord, who makes you holy. Yes, Keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day total rest. I repeat: Because the Lord considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.”
20. (2 Kings 2:23-24) Cursing the man: “He went up from there to Bethel and while he was going on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him saying “Go up you baldheld! Go up, you baldheld!” And he turned out, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the Lord. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.”
21. (1 Samuel 6:19-20) God kills the curious: But God struck down some of the inhabitants of Beth Shemesh, putting seventy of them to death because they looked into the ark of the Lord. The people turned mourned because of the heavy blow the Lord had dealt them. And the people of Beth Shemesh asked, “Who can stand in the presence of the Lord, this holy, this hold God? To whom will the ark go up from here?”
22. (1 Kings 20:35) Killed by the lion: By the words of Lord one of the company of the prophets said to his companion “Strike me with your weapon, but he refused.
23. (2 Samuel 6;3-7 NAB) Killing the Good Samaritan: “And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart. And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: And Ahio went before the ark. And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on Psalteries, and on the timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals. And when they came to Nachon’s threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hands to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him here there for his error; and there he died by the Ark of the God.”
24. (Hosea 9:11-16) God will kill children: “As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like bird, from the womb, and from the conception. Through they bring their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, we also to them when I do depart from them. Ephriam, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murder. Give them, O Lord: What wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their Princess is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.”
25. (Ezekiel 9:5-7) Kill men, women, and children: As listened, he said, to the others “Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter the old men, the young men and women, the mothers and children, but do not tough anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary.” So they began with the old men who were in front of the temple. Then he said to them, “Defile the temple and fill the courts with slain. Go.” So they went out and began killing throughout the city.
26. (Exodus 12:29-30) God kills all the first born of Egypt: “At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well. Pharaoh of all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night and there, was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without some dead.”
27. (Jeremiah 51:20-26) Kill old men and young women: “You are my war club, my weapon for battle-with you I shatter horse Kingdoms, with you I shatter chariot and driver, with you I shatter man and woman, with you I shatter old man and youth, with you I shatter young man and young woman, with you I shatter shepherd and flock with you I shatter farmer and oxen, with you I shatter governors and officials. Before your eyes I will repay Babylon and all who live in Babylonia for all the wrong they have done in zion, declares the Lord. I am against you, you destroying the whole earth, declares the Lord. I will stretch out my hand against you, roll you off the cliffs, and make you a burned-out mountain. No rock will be taken from you for a cornerstone, nor any stone for a foundation, for you will be desolate forever, declares the Lord.”
28. (Leviticus 26:21-22) God will kill the children of sinner: “If you remain hostile toward me and you refuse to listen to me, I will multiply you afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve. I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob your children, destroy your cattle and make you so few in number that your roads will be deserted.”
29. (Isaiah 13:15-18) More rape and child killings: “Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated. See, I will stir up against them and Medes, who do not care for silver and have no delight in gold. Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on infants, nor will they look with compassion on children.
30. (Judges 15:14-15 ) More of Samson’s murders: “As he approached Lehi, the philistine came toward him shouting. The spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him. The ropes on his arms became like charped flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands. Finding a fresh jaw bone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men.”
31. (Acts 5:1-11) Peter kills two people: “Now man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property, with his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostle feet. Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to god.
” When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what happened. Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him. About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what he had happened. Peter asked her, “Tell me, is the price you and Ananias got for the land?” “Yes”, she said, “that is the price.” Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test to test the spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband and are at the door, and they will carry you out also.” At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried beside her husband. Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these acts.
32. (1 Samuel 15: 2-3) Mass Murder: “This is what the Lord Almighty says ‘I will push the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when for what they did as they came up from Egypt. Now go attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and don key.”
33. (Jeriah 48:10) You have to kill: “A curse on anyone who is lax on anyone the Lord’s work! A curse on anyone who keeps their sword bloodshed!”
34. (Joshua 19:47) The Danites kill the next town: “When the territory of the Danites was lost to them, they went up and attacked Leshem, took it, put it to the sword and occupied it. They settled in Leshem and named it Dan after their ancestor.
35. (Jeremiah 15:1-4) God kills some more: “Then the Lord said to me: Even if Moses and Samuel were to stand before me, my heart would not go out to this people. Send them away from my presence! Let them go! And if they ask you, ‘Where shall we go? ‘tell them, This is what the Lord says: ‘Those destined for death, to death; those for sword, to the sword; those for starvation, to starvation; those for cavity, to captivity. “I will send four kind of destroyers against them,” declares the Lord, “the sword to kill and the dogs to drag away and the birds and the wild animals to devour and destroy. I will make them abhorrent to all the kingdoms of the Earth because Manasseh son of Hezekiah King of Judah did in Jerusalem.”
36. (Ezekiel 35:7-9) God promises for killings: “I will make Mount Seir a desolate waste and cut off from it all who come and go. I will fill your mountains with slain; those killed by the sword will fall on your kill and in your valleys and in all your ravines. I will make you desolate forever; your towns will not be inhabited. Then you will know I am the Lord.”
37. (Exodus 23:23) The Angel of Death: “My angel will go ahead of you and bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites Hivites and I will wipe them out.”
38. (Joshua 8:1-29) Destruction of Ai: “Then the Lords is to Joshua, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Take the whole army with you, and go up and attack Ai. For I have delivered into your hands the king of Ai, his people, his city and his land. You shall do and its king as you did to Jericho and its king, except that you may carry of their plunder and livestock for yourselves. Set an ambush behind the city.” So Joshua and the whole army moved out to attack Ai. He chose thirty thousand of his best fighting men and set them out at night with these order: “Listen carefully. You are to set ambush behind the city. Don’t go very far from it. All of you be on the alert. I and all those with me advance on the city, and when the men come out against us, as they did before, we will flee from them. They will pursue until we have lured them away from the city for they say, ‘They are running away from us as they did before.’ So when we flee from them, you are to rise up from ambush and take the city. The Lord your God will give it into your hand. When you have taken the city, set it on fire. Do what the Lord commanded. See to it; you have my orders. Then Joshua sent them off, and went to the place of ambush and lay in wait between Bethel and Ai, to the west of Ai – but Joshua spent that night with the people. Earl y the next morning Joshua mustered his army, and he and the leaders of Israel marched before them to Ai. The entire force that was with him marched the city and arrived in front of it. They set up camp north to Ai, with the valley between then and the city. Joshua had taken about five thousand men and set them in ambush between Bethel and Ai, to the west of the city. So the soldiers took up their positions-with the main camp to the north of the city and the ambush to the west of it. That night Joshua went into the valley. When the king of Ai saw this, he and all the men of the city hurried out early in the morning to meet Israel in battle at a certain place overlooking the Arabah. But he did not know that an ambush has been set against him behind the city. Joshua and all Israel let themselves be driven back before them, and pursued Joshua and were lured away from the city. Not a man remained in Ai or Bethel who did not go after Israel. They left the city open and went in pursuit of Israel. Them the Lord said to Joshua, “Hold out toward Ai the javelin that is in your hand, for into your hand I will deliver the city.” So Joshua held out toward the city javelin that was in his hand. A soon as he did this, the men in the ambush rose quickly from their position and rushed forward. They entered the city and fire. The men of Ai looked back and saw the smoke of the city rising up into the sky, but they had no chance to escape in any direction; the Israelites who had been fleeing toward the wilderness had turned back against their pursuers. For when Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush that taken the city and that smoke was going up from it, they turned around and attacked the men and Ai. Those in the ambush also came out the city against them, saw that they were in the middle, with Israelites on both sides. Israel cut them down, leaving them neither survivors nor forgives. But they took the king of Ai alive and brought to Joshua. When Israel had finished killing all the men of Ai in the wilderness where they had chased them, and them, and when every one of them had been put the sword, all the Israelites turned to Ai and killed those who were in it. Twelve thousand men and women fell that day-all the people of Ai. For Joshua did not draw back the hand that held out his javelin until he had destroyed all who lived in Ai. But Israel did carry off for themselves the livestock and plunder of this city, as the Lord had instructed Joshua. So Joshua burned Ai and made it permanent heap of ruins, a desolate place to this day. He impaled the day of the king of Ai on a pole and left it there until evening. At sunset, Joshua ordered them to take the body from the pole and throw it down at the entrance of the city gate. And the raised a large pile of rocks over it, which remains to this day.”
39. (Joshua 6:20-21) Killing at Jericho: “When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and the sound of the trumpet when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so everyone charged straight in, and they took the city. They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the with sword every living thing in it-men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.”
40. (1 Kings 14:9-6) God kills an Extended Family: You have done more evil than all who lived before you. You have made for yourself other gods, idols made of metal; you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me. ‘Because of this; I am going to bring disaster on the house of Jeroboam. I will cut off from Jeroboam every last male in Israel-slave of free. I will burn up the house of Jeroboam as one burns dung, until it is all gone. Dogs will eat those belonging to Jeroboam who die in the city, and the birds will feed on those who die in the country. The Lord has spoken!’ As for you, go back home. When you set foot in your city, the boy will die. All Israel will mourn for him and bury him. He is the only belonging to Jeroboam who will be buried, because his the only one in the house Jeroboam in whom the Lord, the God of Israel, has found anything good. “The Lord will rise up for himself a king over Israel who will cut off the family of jeroboam. Even how this beginning to happen. And the Lord will strike Israel. So that it will be like a reed swaying in the water. He will uproot Israel from this good land that he gave to their ancestors and scatter then beyond the Euphrates River, because they aroused the Lord’s anger by making Asheral poles. And he will give Israel up because of the sins Jeroboam has committed and caused Israel to commit”.
41. (Judges 20:48) Mass Murder: “And the men of Israel turned again upon the children of Benjamin and smote them with the edge of the sword, as well the men of every city and the beast, and all that came to hand. Also they set on fire all the cities that they came to.”
42. (2 Kings 19:35) The Angel Of Death: “The night the angel of the Lord went out and put to death a hundred and eighty-five thousand in the Assyrian camp. When the people got up the next morning-there were all the dead bodies!”
43. (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT) Kill your neighbors: “So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, “Whoever of the Lord, came to me.” And all the Levites rallied to him. Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, Says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’ The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three of the people died. Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the Lord today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.
44. (Joshua 7:19-26 Webster’s Bible) Kill the family of sinner: “And Joshua said to Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession to him; and tell me now what thou hast done, hide it not from me. And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done. When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them, and behold, they [are] hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it. So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran to the tent, and behold, it was hid in his tent, and the silver under it. And they took them from the midst of the tent, and brought them to Joshua, and to all the children of Israel, and laid them out before the LORD. And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them to the valley of Achor. And Joshua said, why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. And they raised over him a great heap of stones to this day. So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger: wherefore the name of that place was called the valley of Achor to this day.
45. (Numbers 25:1-9 NLT) Kill Followers of Other Religions: “While Israel was staying in Shittim, the men began to indulge in sexual immorality with Moabite women, 2 who invited them to the sacrifices to their gods. The people ate the sacrificial meal and bowed down before these gods. 3 So Israel yoked themselves to the Baal of Peor. And the Lord’s anger burned against them. The Lord said to Moses, “Take all the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the Lord, so that the Lord’s fierce anger may turn away from Israel.” So Moses said to Israel’s judges, “Each of you must put to death those of your people who have yoked themselves to the Baal of Peor.” Then an Israelite man brought into the camp a Midianite woman right before the eyes of Moses and the whole assembly of Israel while they were weeping at the entrance to the tent of meeting. 7 When Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, saw this, he left the assembly, took a spear in his hand 8 and followed the Israelite into the tent. He drove the spear into both of them, right through the Israelite man and into the woman’s stomach. Then the plague against the Israelites was stopped; 9 but those who died in the plague numbered 24,000.”
46. (1 Kings 18:36-40 NLT) Then Elijah commanded them, “Seize the prophets of Baal. Don’t let anyone get away!” They seized them, and Elijah had them brought down to the Kishon Valley and slaughtered there.
47. (Jeremiah 50:21-22) Kill all the Babylon: “Attack the land of Merathaim and those who live in Pekod. Pursue, kill and completely destroy[a] them,” declares the Lord. “Do everything I have commanded you. The noise of battle is in the land, the noise of great destruction!
48. (Judges 18:27-29) Mican kills a whole town: “Then they took what Micah had made, and his priest, and went on to Laish, against a people at peace and secure. They attacked them with the sword and burned down their city. There was no one to rescue them because they lived a long way from Sidon and had no relationship with anyone else. The city was in a valley near Beth Rehob. The Danites rebuilt the city and settled there. They named it Dan after their ancestor Dan, who was born to Israel—though the city used to be called Laish.”
49. (Isaiah 14: 21 NAB) Kill sons of sinner: “Prepare slaughter for his children the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.”
50. Murder: “At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.” Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench. When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, “The Lord—he is God! The Lord—he is God!”